Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » Cookin » Cookin Hardware

Post subject: Kamado
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:22 pm 

Hello Sapo…I just wanted to say that my wife and I really enjoy your videos and website. I would really like to try your tripas recipe although my wife says that I’d be eating them alone. LOL

I’ve been checking out the Kamado website and am really interested in them but they are quite pricey. I noticed that you have one and was wondering how you like it?

Thanks,

Shane

Post subject: Re: Kamado
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 pm 
Greek Texan

Hey Shane, First and foremost, thanks for joining the forum. My Kamado is the best cooking device I have ever seen or used. It is about 2 inches thick. Made out of fire brick concrete. This thing can hold heat for many hours with out adding any coals. I have added different pieces to do "tuscany grilling" and other types of cooking. They last so long that I have to think who I am going to will it to... :P If you do get one, I suggest the type I have.. Plain and simple. No tiles. Also get all stainless for the hinges and handles, etc. I live by the ocean so everything tries to rust out. Mine has gone through, Hurricanes and snow, and golf ball sized hail... They are well worth the price. Get on Kamado.com's news letter subscription and they send it when they have sales. Also, keep checking their forum for people selling a kamado.. But get the plain one... I need to get my pics back up here.. thanks for the compliments.. And post some pics and recipes when you have time...

SSapo

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:13 pm 
Greek Texan

The Kamado News Letter came out today:News Letter

Post Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:00 am 

Thanks Sapo....I'm going to sign up for that news letter.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 pm 

Before you plunk down all that hard earned you should do youself a favor and check out the Kamado Fraud Forum. The kamado forum has become a joke, It's run like a newspaper in Tehran, Say anything out of line and your post gets deleted and your account closed. People who want to spend money with them spend weeks and months trying to get payment information. Then they have to try to get them so tend what they pay for. Surfinsapo is right about not getting a Kooker Kovered in tiles, They fall off anyway. At least for those of us who have recieved what we ordered. Long story short your PosK is really only Portland cement and lava rock with chicken wire in the mold to help hold it together once it starts to crack, And it will crack, Don't just take my word for it check out http://www.kamadofraudforum.org Bob

Board index » Cookin » Cookin Hardware